The Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC) invites nominations for Distinguished Membership of ANZMAC, with the award to be presented and the title of Fellow conferred at the ANZMAC 2012 Conference.
- Nominees will normally have
- held continuous membership of the Academy for the previous five years,
- attended at least three annual general meetings during those five years
- made some significant contribution (e.g., to the doctoral colloquium, special sessions, etc).
Nomination for the Award: Nominations may be made by any member of ANZMAC. Self-nominations are discouraged.
Criteria for Selection: The Constitution requires that the nominee have demonstrated an advanced standing in all of the avenues of marketing research, scholarship, education and leadership. When selecting distinguished members the selection committee has interpreted the advanced standing as having demonstrated outstanding contributions to the Academy and also demonstrated distinction in the Marketing discipline through research, scholarship, education and leadership.
- Outstanding contributions to the Academy can come from serving as President and major activity with Executive activities, successfully organizing the annual conference and other conference contributions, major contributions with the PhD colloquium, editorial work with AMJ, and other leadership activities that have advanced the Academy.
- Distinction in Research and Scholarship is evidenced by, refereed papers in the best international journals, scholarly books, awards for research, achieving other international peer esteem with such as editorial duties with leading journals. In addition the practical use of research findings by the marketing profession can be taken into account.
- Distinction in Education can be evidenced by such things as teaching awards, the successful use of innovative teaching methods, the writing of case studies and marketing texts, and the mentoring of PhD students.
- Distinction from Leadership in the Discipline can come from a major and successful leadership role in the marketing school or department of a university in the Australia and New Zealand region. Leadership positions in marketing academies and practitioner organisations, with evidence of significant individual contribution which has led to changes and advancement in these organisations.
The submission should include:
- A statement from the nominator addressing the selection criteria provided (of no more than two pages, minimum 12 font)
- A current curriculum vitae of the nominee
- Any other supporting documentation deemed relevant to the application as appendices (up to five pages).
Submissions and Deadline: Please submit nomination document electronically to Associate Professor Liliana Bove, firstname.lastname@example.org, Chair ANZMAC Awards Committee, by Friday, September 28, 2012. The nomination materials should include an electronic version of the most significant publication.
The Selection committee is chaired by the Convener of Fellows with two other Fellows and two members of the Executive Committee (excluding Fellows who may be on the Executive Committee). The Convener makes recommendations to the President of the Academy and those recommendations that are approved are conferred at an Annual General Meeting of the Academy.